Pages

Thursday 18 January 2024

Gold 4WD, a poem

Numbers
      resolve 
      measured by

organic time

my eyes
      and brain

recognis-
ing
      three-oh
      then
– a slight pause as I get ready to receive the crucial detail
      and it drops – 

      it’s a
nine
and finally the 

destination name

like clothes appearing alongside
      it a child’s paper toy

they
      have their own
      odour
deep

in the recesses
      of my consciousness – 

I never go there

      – there
      where meaning

forms blind

      to the consequences
coming out
of their burrow
click
      in its wake
      in 

the lake of memory
washing by

rocking the boat 
      of the present

like

out to a meeting
near Ingleburn

      I see a dark Tesla
      driving on 

the motorway
or

      on the way
      home in the car

sitting at a light

      and I can’t work
      out if there’s
      a siren

or if it’s

the car beside
      me in the
      queue leading back
to the empty

stretch of road

      where people can
      still move

so I turn off

the radio
      and the moment
      I do
shutting off

Triple J

      with its woke derivative rubbish
or 2DayFM with its never ending cycles 

of
      Ed Sheeran 
      Pink! and 
      Lady Gaga

I under-

stand that
      the noise
      was just

      the golden
4WD

resting like a promise next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books published on Amazon

When I thought about publishing by myself about two weeks ago I asked for advice online and they said “Just do it.” Ok, the Nike response. F...