Pages

Monday 22 January 2024

Books published on Amazon

When I thought about publishing by myself about two weeks ago I asked for advice online and they said “Just do it.” Ok, the Nike response. Fine, I thought, let’s try it. Kindle Direct Publishing is the website you use and it took me about 5 hours one day but even then I got some things wrong, had to go back several times, and made mistakes that couldn’t be fixed once the book had been accepted by the firm.

Honestly they should put up a video before you start.

Look there probably IS a video and I just didn’t see it.

Fine.

The process was actually probably a bit easier for me because I already had images from 2008 that I could use or the covers. Plural because you set up the Kindle version and the paperback version separately. Sigh.

In any case you can now buy the book. (Note this is the Aust site, other countries' URLs will be different.) This book will improve your life, make you smarter, prettier, more healthy, more patient, more resilient. BUY THE DAMN BOOK. If you want to, I mean, it’s totally up to you. The “control is the manifestation of joy” thing is just part of the blurb it’s not an axiom to use to order your life.

In fact “control is the manifestation of joy” is a saying I came up with when I was in my twenties. I was probably half being sarcastic and half being sardonic, but the idea of “control” was in the air in the 80s, for various reasons most of them linked to the conservative renaissance that was happening worldwide and which Australia was to a degree insulated from because we had a Labor government at the time.

But when you think about it machines are only possible where there is total control. In its absence accidents happen, like when a gold 4WD is not steered correctly and crashes into a tree, or maybe it is steered correctly and still crashes into a tree. Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books published on Amazon

When I thought about publishing by myself about two weeks ago I asked for advice online and they said “Just do it.” Ok, the Nike response. F...